Kelato BetaCALM Paste
A fast acting, effective and convenient supplement specially formulated for nervous, hot or stressed horses.
What is BetaCALM Paste?
BetaCALM Paste is a fast acting, effective and convenient supplement specially formulated for nervous, hot or stressed horses. Each BetaCALM Paste contains a unique formulation containing the optimal level of Tryptophan plus four herbal ingredients to enhance the calming effect.
For longer term calming use BetaCALM Powder.
How does it work?
BetaCALM Paste is a combination of natural herbs and the optimal level of L-Tryptophan, which can be used to create a calming effect in horses that are nervous, excited or stressed.
- Tryptophan: An essential amino acid that stabilises the horse’s mood for a less excitable temperament. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and beneficial levels are not provided in feed. Tryptophan is converted in the body to serotonin, which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Black Cohosh: A herbal extract commonly associated with mild relaxation in periods of stress or anxiety.
- Passion Flower: A herbal extract that supports a calm and relaxed disposition.
- Hops: This herbal extract contains several nutrients including volatile oils, tannins, flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Often recommended as a tool against anxiety and stress, hops has a calming effect.
- Ginger Root: Is believed to aid in the availability of dietary nutrients for digestion and metabolism and to facilitate the utilisation of available energy resources, thus soothing the horse.
Remember, there are many factors that can cause undesirable behaviour in horses including diet, age, training, housing, pain and digestive conditions. It is best to discuss your horse’s diet and history to determine whether changes in feeding and management of practices are also required to reduce anxious behaviour. To help manage nervous horses, try providing constant access to forage, small meals and reduce starch/sugar in the diet. Also, decreasing stable time and providing equine company is very beneficial for mental health.
Long term behaviour problems are frequently associated with digestive conditions. In this case, use Kelato’s GastroAID Recovery.
Features & Benefits
- Calms nervy, stressed and ‘hot’ horses
- Calming effect allows horses to focus on the task at hand
- Ideal for settling young stock
- Easy-grip syringe
- Highly palatable apple flavouring
- 3 x 10mL per syringe
- Tryptophan – 2000mg
- Black Cohosh – 25mg
- Passion Flower – 25mg
- Hops – 25mg
- Ginger Root - 25mg
Directions for use
- BetaCALM Paste is designed to be mixed in the horse's feed.
- Dial the syringe to provide a 10mL per 500kg horse.
- Give 1 hour prior to a stressful event.
- Use in accordance with competition rules and regulations
- 30mL syringe in a single carton.
- Each syringe contains 3 x 10mL (500kg horse).