Kelato NutriFLEX 1kg
Provides nutrients for strong and flexible tendons, ligaments, bones and joint cartilage.
What is NutriFLEX?
NutriFLEX is a high quality, broad spectrum joint supplement that provides the essential building blocks for strong and flexible tendons, ligaments, bones and joint cartilage. NutriFLEX contains a blend of amino acids, minerals and highly bioavailable glucosamine hydrochloride to aid in strengthening all leg structures.
How does NutriFLEX work?
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride – Glucosamine is a direct precursor for the synthesis of collagen and an important family of macromolecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). GAGs make up many body tissues including ligaments, tendons and cartilage. Examples of GAGs are hyaluronic acid (HA) and chondroitin sulphate (CS).
- CS is the primary GAG that makes up the proteoglycans that make up joint cartilage.
- HA contributes to the viscoelasticity and lubricating properties of synovial fluid in the joint.
- Sub-optimal glucosamine levels in the joints may lead to specific tissue weakness. As tissues in the joints become damaged, the lubricating synovial fluid in the joint spaces becomes thin and watery (less viscous). The normal cushioning effect with the joint is lost, leaving the bones and cartilage to grind against each other in the joint space, eventually leading to inflammation, pain and osteoarthritis.
- Zinc – Zinc is essential for hydrolysis and cross-linking needed for collagen formation and supports the synthesis of chondroitin sulphate, which is necessary for cartilage formation. Collagen is a tough, fibrous material that cements cells together, providing strength and elasticity.
- Copper – Copper is a coenzyme required for the formation of the disulphide bonds in collagen, which are needed for strength and elasticity. Copper is also vital for several enzymatic processes that are involved in maintaining elasticity in connective tissue.
- Manganese – Manganese is essential for the formation of chondroitin and aids in the formation of connective tissue and of bones. Low levels of manganese contribute to bone malformation and weakness.
- Boron – Boron uses include the ability to prevent bone loss by facilitating calcium, the main mineral involved in bone mineralisation, directly into the bones, where it helps prevent porous and weak bones from developing.
- DL-methionine – Methionine is a suphur-bearing essential amino acid that cannot be synthesised by the body and therefore must be provided in the horse’s diet. Methionine aids in the metabolism of glucosamine to GAGs and the sulphur supplied by methionine is used in the synthesis of collagen, which gives strength to connective tissue and cartilage.
- D-phenylalanine – Phenylalanine is involved in the production of proteins that have a positive effect on mood which is implicated in pain relief.
- L-proline – L-proline and glycine (as copper glycinate) play a role in the synthesis of collagen. Proline is a required component for the production of collagen’s triple helix structure (i.e. no proline, no collagen). Proline is not readily available in equine diets and so is an essential addition to any joint supplement.
Features & Benefits
- Concentrated and highly bioavailable form of glucosamine. Glucosamine hydrochloride (as found in NutriFLEX) provides more glucosamine per molecule compared to glucosamine sulphate.
- Not only targets joint health, but the structures that support the joints (i.e. ligaments, tendons and bone).
- Minimises downtime due to injury and lameness from leg and joint issues.
- Concentrated dose (30g/day).
- Highly palatable butterscotch and pineapple flavour.
- Made in Australia.
Per 30g dose:
- Glucosamine hydrochloride – 7500mg
- Zinc ascorbate – 596mg
- Copper glycinate – 428mg
- Manganese ascorbate – 672mg
- Boron amino acid chelate – 600mg
- DL-Methionine – 1500mg
- D-Phenylalanine – 1000mg
- L-Proline – 500mg
Directions for use:
Top dress the feed according to the following recommendations:
For maximum benefit, a loading dose should be given for the first four weeks.
- Loading dose: 60g per day
- Maintenance dose: 30g per day
- Loading dose: 40g per day
- Maintenance dose: 20g per day